How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Baton Rouge smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in total charge of your Baton Rouge home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and explore suggestions to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Baton Rouge help you?
Wirelessly connecting to components with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup for added reliability. It also gives you convenient remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Check real-time or recorded footage from your connected security cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Baton Rouge by programming schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a particular time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just adhere to these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain in your house and arms all devices except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll see a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open window will urge you to take action. Note that you may still arm the security system by using the steps above. You will then need to verify you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Baton Rouge
Despite the fact that multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add another user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and provide the info to dispatch an invite.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, press users, choose the user you want to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Baton Rouge security system. Contact (225) 725-8055 to get started.